2015 Calcaire Pinot Noir

$75.00 / bottle

Comments: This wine is our attempt at conveying to you the impact of our high subsoil calcium levels. We believe that the physiological ripeness of the grapes develops more harmoniously and earlier in the ripening cycle. Of particular note in this wine is the flavour and structure of the acid. Tasting Notes: Spend time and enjoy each glass as it opens. Some key features to look for are the lack of new oak impact, the lack of green stalk flavour and feel, an impeccable line and that evolution in the glass that really marks a wine of pedigree. Viticulture: Grown on a north -facing bank of the Derwent River this 22-year-old cool-climate vineyard is widely recognised for producing some of the best chardonnay fruit in Australia including supplying grapes for Penfolds Yattarna 10 years in a row. The soils are permeable loams over Permian Lime originating from a 250-280M year old seabed. The vines are meticulously hand tended and yields are reduced by 50% to one bunch per shoot. Clones: 777, 114, MV6, 8048, D2V5 and D5V12. Winemaking: The hand-picked fruit was hand sorted in the winery. 85% was whole bunches straight into a fermenter and crushed by foot, the remaining 15% was destemmed to a fermenter. 100% wild yeast, hand plunged and extended post ferment maceration before being transferred to 100% new oak for maturation. Malolactic occurred naturally in the spring. A small sulphur addition, filtration then bottling.  



There are no reviews yet.

Be the First to Review “2015 Calcaire Pinot Noir”